The highly motivated In Vivo Pharmacology Research Associate will be a key member of the in vivo team. This is an exciting opportunity to help investigate and validate novel targets and understand the mechanisms underlying disease. The individual will work closely with other team members to design and execute studies and present experiments in scientific meetings. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate the motivation to learn and increase technical expertise and independence, the ability to multi-task and execute with limited supervision, and a team-oriented mentality. Candidates must have outstanding experience in multiple aspects of in vivo pharmacology including formulation, dosing, pharmacokinetic sampling, and necropsy. Successful candidates must be able to work effectively both in a collaborative setting and independently and possess outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Development and validation of rodent pharmacodynamic models in multiple disease areas
- Execution of in vivo rodent pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies including formulation of dosing solution, oral gavage, intra peritoneal injection, etc.
- Compilation of results into comprehensive reports
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant lab experience
- Demonstrated expertise in in vivo study execution
- Understanding of data analysis tools
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present work in a formal setting
- Self-motivated, highly organized, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Post in vivo work up – measurements of protein and RAN in tissues and plasma i.e. ELISA, qPCR, Chemical assay, etc.
Kallyope is a new biotechnology company headquartered in New York City. Founded by Richard Axel, Tom Maniatis, and Charles Zuker from Columbia University, Kallyope is focused on the identification of new therapeutic and nutritional opportunities involving the gut and gut-brain axis. The Company leverages the founders’ formidable expertise in molecular biology, neuroscience, and behavior to identify new approaches to human health.
Kallyope is seeking creative, highly motivated individuals who are interested in working in a biotech environment that is scientifically stimulating, highly collaborative, and laser focused on translational biology. The Company is creating an industry-leading platform employing cutting edge technologies including sequencing, genetics, circuit mapping, neural imaging and bioinformatics. By integrating and applying complementary tools and approaches to the understanding of gut and gut-brain biology, Kallyope aims to develop transformational therapeutics and consumer products to improve human health and nutrition.
The Company is headquartered in the Alexandria Center® for Life Sciences, a state-of-the-art, collaborative life science campus in the heart of Manhattan, with close proximity to New York City’s world-leading clinical and research institutions. Kallyope has raised $252M in funding from several top-tier investors. The Company has assembled a leadership team and advisory group with a proven track record of success and strong expertise in drug discovery and translation. The founding scientific team is composed of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in the Company’s core platform technologies. For more information, see www.kallyope.com.