The Cell Biology/Pharmacology Research Associate will be a member of a team charged with discovering and validating novel drug targets and paracrine circuits and characterizing potential drug development compounds from existing drug discovery lead optimization programs. Candidates must be highly motivated and possess previous in vitro pharmacology, gene silencing, or gene editing experience. Successful candidates must be able to work effectively both in a collaborative setting and independently while possessing outstanding written, visual, and oral communications skills.
- Designing and executing in vitro pharmacology experiments in a variety of established organoid and multi-cellular models
- Growth and maintenance of human and mouse organoid cell lines
- Developing additional multi-cellular models and in vitro assays
- Using immunoassays to measure key pharmacodynamic biomarkers generated from in vivo and in vitro studies
Qualifications and Education Requirements
You must have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s in Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field
- 2-5 years post-grad working experience
- Experience with tissue culture techniques
- Experience using RNAi or CRISPR gene silencing or gene editing tools
- Experience executing pharmacology studies
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Molecular biology techniques including qPCR and/or single cell sequencing
- RNAi or CRSPR library design or screening
- FACS-based assays
- Working knowledge of NCATS Assay Guidance Manual or formal AGM Training
Kallyope is a new biotechnology company headquartered in New York City. Founded by Richard Axel, Tom Maniatis, and Charles Zuker from Columbia University, Kallyope is focused on the identification of new therapeutic and nutritional opportunities involving the gut and gut-brain axis. The Company leverages the founders’ formidable expertise in molecular biology, neuroscience, and behavior to identify new approaches to human health.
Kallyope is seeking creative, highly motivated individuals who are interested in working in a biotech environment that is scientifically stimulating, highly collaborative, and laser focused on translational biology. The Company is creating an industry-leading platform employing cutting edge technologies including sequencing, genetics, circuit mapping, neural imaging and bioinformatics. By integrating and applying complementary tools and approaches to the understanding of gut and gut-brain biology, Kallyope aims to develop transformational therapeutics and consumer products to improve human health and nutrition.
The Company is headquartered in the Alexandria Center® for Life Sciences, a state-of-the-art, collaborative life science campus in the heart of Manhattan, with close proximity to New York City’s world-leading clinical and research institutions. Kallyope has raised $252M in funding from several top-tier investors. The Company has assembled a leadership team and advisory group with a proven track record of success and strong expertise in drug discovery and translation. The founding scientific team is composed of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in the Company’s core platform technologies. For more information, see www.kallyope.com.