We are seeking a highly creative, self-motivated senior research associate to work as a member of an integrated team utilizing a novel platform for the discovery of new drug targets leading to transformational therapeutics. The successful applicant will report to the Senior Director and Head of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics and have the unique opportunity to impact multiple therapeutic programs driven by Kallyope’s cutting-edge biology on the gut and gut-brain axis.
Successful candidates for this position will have a passion for delivering results for studies supporting dynamic drug discovery teams. Excellent communication skills combined with an ability to think creatively and solve problems is a must.
- Develop and execute quantitative LC-MS/MS based methods for preclinical in vitro and in vivo experiments measuring small molecules, peptides and endogenous biomarkers; this includes assay development, qualification, troubleshooting, and sample analysis
- Leverage state of the art instrumentation for novel sample preparation and quantitative approaches
- Serve as an integral member of drug discovery teams.
- Analyze and evaluate study results; communicate findings in cross-disciplinary project team and department meetings
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
You must have:
- Bachelor’s or Master's in chemistry or a related discipline, with 5-8 years’ industry experience
- Experience in developing methods for quantitative LC-MS/MS
- Experience in sample preparation methods for in vitro and in vivo animal studies
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Experience with liquid handling automation, ELISA, and PCR assays
- Fundamental understanding of translational pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics principles and models
- Calculation of pharmacokinetic parameters using noncompartmental analysis software such as WinNonlin
Kallyope is a new biotechnology company headquartered in New York City and is focused on the identification of new therapeutic and nutritional opportunities involving the gut and gut-brain axis. We are seeking creative, highly motivated individuals who are interested in working in a biotech environment that is scientifically stimulating, highly collaborative, and laser focused on translational biology. The Company has created an industry-leading platform employing cutting edge technologies including sequencing, genetics, circuit mapping, neural imaging and bioinformatics. By integrating and applying complementary tools and approaches to the understanding of gut and gut-brain biology, Kallyope aims to develop transformational therapeutics and consumer products to improve human health and nutrition.
The Company is headquartered in the Alexandria Center® for Life Sciences, a state-of-the-art, collaborative life science campus in the heart of Manhattan, with close proximity to New York City’s world-leading clinical and research institutions. For more information, visit www.kallyope.com.