We are seeking a highly creative, self-motivated in vitro pharmacology leader with significant experience in drug discovery to work as a member of an integrated team translating a novel platform for the discovery of new drug targets leading to transformational therapeutics. The successful applicant will report to the Vice President of Early Discovery Translation & In Vitro Pharmacology, contribute to the drug discovery process in target identification through candidate nomination, and have the unique opportunity to impact both the strategy and execution of multiple therapeutic programs driven by Kallyope’s sophisticated biology on the gut and gut-brain axis.
Candidates for this position will have expertise in biochemistry and molecular biology and be highly experienced with in vitro pharmacology in all phases of the drug discovery process. Demonstration of scientific rigor and success in quantitative data generation and analysis, the ability to think creatively and solve problems, and outstanding management skills are must-haves for this position.
- Responsibility for high scientific quality of in vitro studies to support drug discovery
- Lead a team of scientists to workg across programs to enable characterization and screening of new compounds
- Develop and execute in vitro assays to validate compound activity using cell-free and cell-based models
- Leadership of drug discovery programs from lead ID and optimization through development candidate nomination including strategy setting and resource prioritization
- Validation and execution of in vitro assays, and development and characterization of new assays for drug discovery programs
- Oversight of in vitro pharmacology resources at third-party contract research organizations (CROs)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
You must have:
- Ph.D. in biological sciences, pharmacology, or a related field with 7-10+ years of experience in screening and in vitro pharmacology in a biotech/pharma environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage, supervise, and direct research experiments in a drug discovery environment
- Proven track record of working in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment with ability to identify and incorporate new and creative approaches to solving problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
The expected salary range for this role in New York City is $138,750–$231,250. Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
Kallyope is a new biotechnology company headquartered in New York City. Founded by Richard Axel, Tom Maniatis, and Charles Zuker from Columbia University, Kallyope is focused on the identification of new therapeutic and nutritional opportunities involving the gut and gut-brain axis. The Company leverages the founders’ formidable expertise in molecular biology, neuroscience, and behavior to identify new approaches to human health.
Kallyope is seeking creative, highly motivated individuals who are interested in working in a biotech environment that is scientifically stimulating, highly collaborative, and laser focused on translational biology. The Company is creating an industry-leading platform employing cutting edge technologies including sequencing, genetics, circuit mapping, neural imaging and bioinformatics. By integrating and applying complementary tools and approaches to the understanding of gut and gut-brain biology, Kallyope aims to develop transformational therapeutics and consumer products to improve human health and nutrition.
The Company is headquartered in the Alexandria Center® for Life Sciences, a state-of-the-art, collaborative life science campus in the heart of Manhattan, with close proximity to New York City’s world-leading clinical and research institutions. Kallyope has raised $488M in funding from several top-tier investors. The Company has assembled a leadership team and advisory group with a proven track record of success and strong expertise in drug discovery and translation. The founding scientific team is composed of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in the Company’s core platform technologies. For more information, see www.kallyope.com.