The Biology Research Associate will be a member of the drug discovery team charged with validating pharmacological targets identified from our first in class technology platform. The role entails confirming target relevance in pertinent genetic and experimental mouse models as well as dissecting biological pathways for pharmacological intervention using molecular and histological methods. Candidates for this role will be highly motivated with strong critical thinking skills and a desire to learn. As this role liaises with our discovery platform team and both biologists and chemists in our drug discovery group, the successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively and possess outstanding written, visual and oral communications skills.
- Molecular and histological characterization of tissues from genetic and experimental models alone or in combination with drug treatment
- Test platform-derived targets for physiological relevance in the gut
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of biologists and chemists to develop assays to identify and validate points of pharmacological intervention
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
You must have:
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology
- Research experience in molecular biology or neurobiology
- A firm grasp of experimental design and a commitment to excellence
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Experience in sectioning and staining animal tissue for confocal microscopy
- Experience working on projects involving signaling pathways, gene regulation, and/or intracellular communication mechanisms
To apply for this position, send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.