We are seeking a creative, self-motivated medicinal chemist with experience in drug discovery to work as a member of an integrated team developing a novel platform for the discovery of new drug targets leading to transformational therapeutics. The successful applicant will contribute to the drug discovery process from target identification through candidate nomination and will have the unique opportunity to impact therapeutic programs driven by Kallyope’s cutting-edge biology on the gut and gut-brain axis.
Candidates for this position will be well-versed in the role of medicinal chemistry in the drug discovery process. Ability to work collaboratively to solve problems is a must.
- Synthesis of novel chemical tools for target identification and validation
- Identification of lead series for emerging programs through hit-to-lead chemistry
- Design and synthesis of molecules to develop structure-activity relationships (SAR) on drug discovery programs
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
You must have:
- M.S. degree in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or related discipline, or B.S. degree with equivalent industrial experience
- Prior experience (5+ years) in medicinal chemistry / drug discovery
- Intimate knowledge of modern synthetic organic chemistry and synthesis techniques
- Demonstrated independent scientific productivity and impact, as evidenced by patent and publication record and ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Experience with strategies for gut restricting / gut targeting compounds
- Experience in a related field, e.g., drug metabolism, pharmaceutical science
To apply for this position, send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.