We are seeking a highly creative, self-motivated medicinal chemist with significant experience in drug discovery to work as a member of an integrated team developing a novel platform for the discovery of new drug targets leading to transformational therapeutics. The successful applicant will contribute to the drug discovery process from target identification through candidate nomination and will have the unique opportunity to impact multiple therapeutic programs driven by Kallyope’s cutting-edge biology on the gut and gut-brain axis.
Candidates for this position will be well-versed in the role of medicinal chemistry in the target identification / validation space and have intimate knowledge of all phases of the drug discovery process. Ability to think creatively and solve problems is a must.
- Development of novel chemical tools and approaches for target identification and validation
- Contribution to drug discovery programs from lead identification and optimization to development candidate nomination through project leadership, execution and strategy formulation as well as design and synthesis of biologically active molecules
- Supervision and mentoring of internal chemists within reporting structure
- Oversight of chemistry resources at third-party contract research organizations (CROs)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
You must have:
- Ph.D. degree in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or related discipline, or equivalent industrial experience
- Prior experience (4+ years) in medicinal chemistry / drug discovery
- Working knowledge of modern synthetic organic chemistry and techniques
- Familiarity with DMPK, pharmaceutical science, pharmacology, and translational science
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and impact, as evidenced by strong patent and publication record and ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Experience with strategies for gut restricting / gut targeting compounds
- Experience managing FTEs at CROs
- Program leadership experience
- Experience in a related field, e.g., drug metabolism, pharmaceutical science
To apply for this position, send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.