We are seeking a Genetic Models Research Associate with significant experience in mammalian cell culture and mouse handling. The successful candidate will work as a key member of the Genetic Models team to engineer mouse embryonic stem cell lines to support the production of genetically modified mice for research and development. Successful candidates must be able to work effectively both in a collaborative setting and independently and possess outstanding written, visual and oral communications skills. Previous experience with histology and confocal imaging is highly preferred.
- Mouse ES cell culture and transfection
- Picking and screening ES cell colonies by PCR
- Mouse handling and intraperitoneal injections
- Histology, immunostaining, and confocal imaging
- Other relevant wet bench work as assigned
- Mandatory work on weekends (compensated with weekday leaves)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
You must have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the biological sciences
- Demonstrated expertise in mammalian cell culture
- Demonstrated expertise in mouse handling
- Experience with histology and imaging techniques highly preferred
- Flexibility to work on weekends and holidays
To apply for this position, send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.