The Sequencing Research Associate will be a key member of the next generation sequencing team developing a robust single-cell sequencing platform. The successful candidate will contribute to the improvement and optimization of existing single-cell sequencing protocols as well as the development of entirely novel sequencing protocols.
Candidates must have a molecular and/or cellular biology background. Prior experience working with next generation sequencing is a plus. Successful candidates will possess the ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting and outstanding written, visual and oral communications skills.
- Generation of single-cell, and bulk RNAseq libraries from primary cells
- Development of single-cell NGS library preparation methods
- Development and optimization of antibody staining and in situ hybridization
- Optimization of single-cell isolation methods and FACS
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, bioengineering, or a related discipline
- Prior experience working in a molecular biology lab setting
- Experience with PCR, qPCR, next generation sequencing
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Flow-cytometry, FACS, and/or NGS
- Experience with primary cells
- Working with intestinal or neural cell types
To apply for this position, send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.